After a dramatic 2 weeks and counting with my little girl, the importance of life and its priorities are once again in focus…. I hope this helps bring some focus for all who read!
Things I may forget this week
1) Names of Doctors and Nurses (sorry)
2) how much we spent on takeout food and blew out the eating plan
3) how much parking costs at a hospital
4) who won any kind of major sporting event
5) what work I didn’t get done and who may be upset by that!
Things I will never forget
1) How tirelessly medical staff work to keep other people’s family and
2) Generosity of family, friends and complete strangers
3) The fight my heavily sedated little girl made to open her eyes, if
just for a second, after hearing daddy’s voice in P.I.C.U
4) The smile that consumed her face when I told her Israel (her
brother) misses her
5) The grip of her little finger that tightened as I began to whisper
to her the everyday prayer I pray over her, “You are born with
purpose, purpose that will change and impact the world. You are
strong, powerful, loving, caring, compassionate, creative,
intelligent, kind, honest, resourceful, trusting and
trustworthy, you are loyal, faithful, Divinely appointed, a fighter
and an overcomer, you are loved without condition, always and forever
no matter what. You are PERFECT BY DESIGN”
6) The tears I shed, that ran down my face and dripped onto her hand
as she loved her daddy back through all her pain and suffering, to let
him know she will be coming home!!
Love you my angel. Keep fighting!!